Tuesday, April 20, 2010

[Album Review] READY?

Introduction:
All the members participated in the main album this time. Songs with less than 6 members can only be found on Limited Edition B.
What's different about this album though, is that instead of just a big chorus, you can hear the voices of each of the members. They mostly have their own parts, and much of the harmonies are done by the members too.


[CD]

01 Portraits ~prologue~
Just a normal intro

02 GUILTY
Many people, even the members, said that this song is a new style for V6, but imo, it's a typical V6 song: fast-tempo and sounds very good.

03 スピリット
Don't like this song much, even though it's so V6, like a song they must do.....aw well too bad.

04 星が降る夜でも
Not bad for a slow song, but it's just another slow song after all.

05 Swing!
Cute and lively, but repeats a bit much. I like the beginning dance very much.

06 蝶
Another distinctively V6 song, similar comments to GUILTY.

07 will
Best new song on this album, so much so that I'm afraid to listen to it too much.
Best phrase is Inotchi's 『「YES」だからこそ攻めるんだ』. The dance is amazing too, reminds me a bit of GUILTY. Unfortunately this is the only real new dance song on this album.

08 Air
This song is tooooo sweeeeeet, especially fits Ken's voice >////<

09 RADIO MAGIC
Don't get the point of this song...so ordinary and nothing special.

10 way of life
Didn't like it much cos it's slow, recently this song reminds me of images from its PV shooting.

11 LIGHT IN YOUR HEART
This song was a small disappointment for me because the intro sounds sooo 激しい but it mellows out. Really liked the intro =(

12 Bouquet
This song would've been ok if not for the endless repetition of 「ほら」!!! God I hate this word in any song cos it sounds like a freakin' filler for lyrics that weren't long enough!

13 Portraits
Boring slow song not my style, reminds me of Xmas Eve.

14 SILENT GALAXY
I totally thought this was a Gundam song what the hell?! V6 don't even get anime tie-ups anymore?!


[BONUS CD]

01 DANCING MACHINE / 20th Century
I would have to say for the first time, 20Cen's song is actually better than ComiCen's, EXCEPT for the pronunciation of "machine"...that ruined it a bit =(

02 Happy Happy Birthday! / Masayuki Sakamoto
What's with this lyrics...bit too cheerful ="=

03 桜色桜風 / Hiroshi Nagano
Mmmmm....no...

04 遠いところまで / Yoshihiko Inohara
This song didn't suit Inotchi's voice as much as I thought it would.

05 Magical Mystery Song / Coming Century
Not bad, but a disappointment when compared to "Are you ready tonight?"

06 官尾 / Go Morita
This is a totally inovative style and quite different from anything they've ever done. Can't really be listened to with other songs. Go always amazes me with his new stuff.

07 “悲しいほどに ア・イ・ド・ル”~ガラスの靴~ / Ken Miyake
Wasn't what I expected, wished it to be a super typical Def Tech song...まぁ無理もないか。HOWEVER these days it's on my playlist a lot for some reason, 聞きやすいっていうか。

08 ヨロコビノウタ / Junichi Okada
普通...but not as bad as I anticipated I'll give it that.


Conclusion:
At first I didn't like this album much, cos there's only 1 new "amazing" song -o-, but when you think about it, V6's albums have always been that way, there's usually 1 or at most 2 "amazing" songs on their album then some normal ones and some of the songs even sucked! In that respect, I'd have to say this album is really good. None of the songs on this album sucked; you get to hear their individual voices a lot more; they put a lot more into selecting the songs and conveying ideas. I'd have to say this is an album which you can really feel the "spirit" of V6.

No comments:

Post a Comment